09 October 2005

Snow snow snow

We're probably going to get our first snow of the winter tonight.

I wonder if Boo will remember what snow is. Since we didn't get the late snows last year, it's been a while since he's seen any snow. We have one book we read on a regular basis that is about snow (The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats), but other than that there hasn't been much exposure. He remembers snowmen, though.

I wonder too if he will still pronounce it 'hnow'.

It's supposed to snow 4 to 8 inches tonight, we'll see how much we actually get, and how much sticks around.

UPDATE: When Boo got up this morning, I picked him up and carried him to the window. He said, "Snows? Snows?! I LOVE snows! Oh, thank you mommy!" and threw his arms around my neck. It was the sweetest thing he's done in a long time. He's been asking to go play in the snow all day, but it hasn't really been sticking and it has been alternating between snow and rain as the temperature fluctuates.

No comments: